Malted Milk is a powdered food product made from mixing of standardized milk, malt extract with wheat flour, and cereal grains in such manner as to secure complete hydrolysis of the starchy material, which is evaporated until it forms a high viscous solution which is then dried in a Vacuum Tray Dryer / Vacuum Band Dryer.
The manufacturing process consists of the following stages
- Blending of ingredients like malt extract, milk or milk powder, grain flour etc in required proportion.
- Concentration of the slurry in evaporator.
- Vacuum Drying of the concentrate.
- Pulverization of the dried product.
- Packaging of malted food.